Tobacco Token

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

Tobacco Token

Postby Dave 77 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi everyone. I found this token in a junk box and I have had a hard time getting information about it. The only thing I have found so far is this link
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 6bih%3D886

If anyone has any other information I would be greatful. Thanks in advance
Dave
Attachments
IMG_NEW.jpg
IMG_NEW.jpg (74.59 KiB) Viewed 851 times
IMG_0001_NEW.jpg
IMG_0001_NEW.jpg (65.28 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Dave 77
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Tobacco Token

Postby henrysmedford » Thu May 16, 2013 10:07 pm

From http://www.identificacion-numismatica.com/t1720p15-moneda-inglesa-de-principios-del-xx

Hay muchas monedas inglesas asi. Especialmente de la Reina Victoria con la inscripción "Keep your Temper" y "To Hanover". Entre las que pongo abajo hay una de Eduardo VII de 1909. Entiendo que las de Victoria eran cierto tipo de propaganda política. Hace mucho que lei algo de eso. Algunas no tienen reverso o hay una laurea. En realidad con un baño de oro algunas pudieron haber servido para engañar. En el grupo que presento hay una de Eduardo VII con la inscripción "Obsequio de S Hernandez y Co. /Amor en el sueño. La flor de Guayaquil."

Eburón

There are so many English coins. Especially of Queen Victoria with the inscription "Keep Your Temper" and "To Hanover". Among those who put down is a 1909 Edward VII. I understand that Victoria was some kind of political propaganda. Long ago I read something about that. Some have no back or is there a laurea. Actually with gold plated some may have served to deceive. At present there is a group of Edward VII with the inscription "Gift of S Hernandez and Co. / Love in the dream. Fleur de Guayaquil."

Eburon
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc