Elongated Coins

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

Elongated Coins

Postby frugi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Hey everyone.....In the past few days I have been purchasing some very rare and unique elongated coins from a single collection from a collector who had passed on and had sold the entire collection to a friend of mine, who in turn has been selling them to me. I no longer sell on eBay, but these are ones that have sold on eBay for figures of $5.00-$50.00+ an higher. I am trying to find out if we have any elongated coin collectors that are members here, and would be interested in any elongates that are pretty unusual, and rare. I also am wondering if any members belong to any of the elongated coin collector clubs out there......I am interested in reselling these and/or trading. I have many rare ones going back to the 1930's and earlier, some from worlds fairs, some on mercury dimes, silver roosevelt dimes, indian head pennies, and other rare types. If you are that someone who may have some interest post here that you collect or contact me by PM, and we can work something out, or post any that you are searching for, I just might have them in hand. :)
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Re: Elongated Coins

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Member viator had this as a first post--
hello,
i have just joined this group at the suggestion of another member. not sure if this is where i should post about elongated coins. i would call them exonumia but let me know if this is incorrect. i am interested in this group as i like to use pre-82 copper pennies for my squishin missions and i am also hoping to come across some elongated coins from members collecting copper that acquire elongateds with their lots but do not collect the elongateds themselves.

I sent him a PM pointing him to this thread.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:40 am

henrysmedford wrote:Member viator had this as a first post--
hello,
i have just joined this group at the suggestion of another member. not sure if this is where i should post about elongated coins. i would call them exonumia but let me know if this is incorrect. i am interested in this group as i like to use pre-82 copper pennies for my squishin missions and i am also hoping to come across some elongated coins from members collecting copper that acquire elongateds with their lots but do not collect the elongateds themselves.

I sent him a PM pointing him to this thread.

thank you :D Actually Viator is a lady, and a friend of mine, I brought her to the forum. I was hoping there were others other than her. Thank you anyway. :thumbup:
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:44 am

I come across them from time to time, ususally in the reject area of the coin sorters. I do save them but have only a small pile of no consequence.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc