1954 Canadian $1 Bills??? Serial Numbers A/A & T/M

Discussion about the collecting, buying/selling, exchanging, design, and printing of notes and paper money from around the world, as well as the currency markets generally. Also, the discussion of items related to world currency like exonumia and scripophily.

1954 Canadian $1 Bills??? Serial Numbers A/A & T/M

Postby getdong » Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey guys, was at my bank the other day and the teller mentioned she had some 1954 Canadian $1 bills. She knows I always look for silver halves and wierd foreign sutff so she always saves it for me or lets me know. Anyhow I have 2 Canadian $1 bills. Both are 1954. Not in great condition but no rips or pen marks. Serial numbers start with A/A and T/M, just figured I'd mention because I know sometimes those starting numbers make a big diff of the value. Are these worth anything or worth keeping?
getdong
Penny Sorter Member

Re: 1954 Canadian $1 Bills??? Serial Numbers A/A & T/M

Postby uthminsta » Tue May 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Certainly worth keeping. Or worth selling here. Check out the KSA's and see what stuff has sold... there are a handful of paper collectors on this site.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 1954 Canadian $1 Bills??? Serial Numbers A/A & T/M

Postby mtalbot_ca » Fri May 04, 2012 12:38 pm

I think they are worth 2$-3$ each. The big difference is sometimes with the signatures on the bill and whether or not they are replacement bills (signaled with an asterix *).

Cheers,
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Banknotes, Exonumia, Philatelics, etc