The 100 trillion dollar note. Is this where we're headed?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting, converting, using, and saving world coins.

The 100 trillion dollar note. Is this where we're headed?

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:18 pm

An old coworker told me these were out there, printed by Zimbabwe. Unreal:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373248772159?h ... UMSkz5K4YQ
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: The 100 trillion dollar note. Is this where we're heade

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:45 am

I bought several hundred of these for something like $3 each back in the day and sold them for something like $5 each. They sold like hot cakes. Now they’re over $100 each.

Something else about the Zimbabwe notes. I have a really neat framed collection of crisp uncirculated notes with every denomination from $1 to $100 trillion. The frame is approximately 3 feet wide and 4 feet high. This is a great way to start a discussion about the ravages of inflation with someone who doesn’t understand the concept.

It is also a VERY colorful set. For anyone who has some extra money to invest, this is something REALLY COOL to have! It looks fantastic when framed, but it would probably be a lot more practical to sell the notes unframed and have the buyer pay for framing.

In all these years I have never seen another set like this.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to World Coin Collecting & Numismatics