attribution help?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting, converting, using, and saving world coins.

attribution help?

Postby uthminsta » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:21 pm

I'm away from my books, and found a few really great deals... more on that later. But does anyone know what this is? And the all-important question... is it silver? I can read that the year is 1354 (assumed to be AH), which is roughly equivalent to our AD1935... and that it's a 1/4 something...
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: attribution help?

Postby Thogey » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Hey Aaron

If your date is correct than it's a 1/4 riyal Saudi Arabia

3.1g X.9170 Silver .0914 ASW, mintage 900,000 Km #16

The picture in the Krause book is hard to compare so I'm relying on the info you give.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Re: attribution help?

Postby uthminsta » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:03 am

Hey, that's it! Over two and a half dollars worth of silver... for two bucks. Not a bad deal. Thanks for the quick help, Thogey.
I got 11 coins today for their silver content, and it turns out every one was bought for under melt. WIN.
uthminsta

Return to World Coin Collecting & Numismatics