Russian Mint Sets, My Biggest Flip of the Year

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting, converting, using, and saving world coins.

Russian Mint Sets, My Biggest Flip of the Year

Postby Verbane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 am

Picked up 11 Russian mint sets at this months coin auction. $90.00 bid, about $106.00 after buyers fee and tax. I expect the sales to exceed 3K :o Recent auction for a 1970 set went over $1,300.00
I priced the sets at or below recent SOLD prices.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/verb2112/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692
Last edited by Verbane on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Re: Russian Mint Sets, Biggest Flip of the Year

Postby Verbane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:19 am

Hell yea :!: :!: Been listed for 15 minutes, and the 1965 set already sold for $300.00 8-)
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Re: Russian Mint Sets, My Biggest Flip of the Year

Postby AGgressive Metal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 am

Indian sets are another to watch for. Nice flip!
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby AdamsSamoa » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Nice......
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:21 pm

Good job, thanks for sharing. I did not know Russian sets were worth that much.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Verbane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:55 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Good job, thanks for sharing. I did not know Russian sets were worth that much.

I priced these sets from my Krause catalog, the 1970 was listed at $15.00 or 18.00. I had bought the lot of eleven sets thinking I could double my money. I've had these sets for two weeks now, and I didn't realize what prices these were getting on ebay until last night, while doing a little research.

Point is, anyone using the Krause catalogs for pricing will miss the value in these, which included the 60+ dealers on hand for this auction lot. I only had one other dealer bidding against me, with my planned bid limit at $100.00 for the lot. Guess you could call this one Dumb Luck more than anything....
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:23 pm

I'll take any luck I can get, the dumb kind is fine by me.
Yeah, researching prices on e-bay is a smart way to make money.
:thumbup:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Return to World Coin Collecting & Numismatics