Week of 12/31- GREAT Week for Scrapping

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

Week of 12/31- GREAT Week for Scrapping

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:40 am

I’ve worked in the past for at least two and maybe three businesses that had to complete year-end inventory on December 31st of each year. You know what that means? If it is broken or a discontinued model and goes into the trash, it doesn’t have to be counted and valued. This makes it MUCH EASIER to throw stuff in the trash.

I’m on full red alert this week and will be going by lots of business dumpsters to see what I can find. I already got a pretty nice set of drums on Tuesday in nearly new condition. There is a tear in one drum and one drumstick is missing, but that isn’t much of an issue.

By the way, the second most common fiscal year-end is June 30th.

Let me know what you find between now and the end of the year.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Week of 12/31- GREAT Week for Scrapping

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:51 pm

I did go to a number of businesses in my area. Just found some small stuff- nothing exciting.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage