An ABSOLUTE Little Bargain that Gets No Credit

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

An ABSOLUTE Little Bargain that Gets No Credit

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:00 am

I want to throw something out there that gets very little attention, yet is an incredible thing to have around for when needed.

Specifically, I am referring to used canes, walkers, etc. These are typically made of super lightweight but strong aluminum from what I understand, so that in and of itself makes them super easy to carry around, fold and store, etc.

I’ve seen PLENTY of these in scrap piles for free over the years. If the ick factor grosses you out, try going somewhere like Goodwill where you should be able to get one used for $4-10 or so.

There are plenty of charities that would love to have your extras!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: An ABSOLUTE Little Bargain that Gets No Credit

Postby Landrover » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:12 am

I have to agree with that 100%. A few years ago I had to have both hips replaced. I couldn't believe how many friends gave me crutches, canes, walkers etc and said keep them, we don't need them anymore. I'm giving my knees another year or so before they will probably be replaced. I'm ready...
Landrover
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:13 am

Nice to see your reply. Thanks for chiming in!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:30 pm

Many VFWs / American Legions have a room full
of them...
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:05 pm

Fantastic to hear that.

Recyclersteve

Postby cwgii » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:51 pm

Bump

My DAV has a storage unit full of extras.
cwgii

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage