Any Good Scrapping Websites?

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

Any Good Scrapping Websites?

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:35 pm

Does anyone know of any good educational scrapping websites? This is other than Youtube of course. I don't really care so much about what the current market price of copper is (I can get that at KitcoMetals.com). I care more about learning about stuff like:

1) Here is how you screen for good dumpsters without having to get out of your car.
2) Here is how you break apart a large transformer.
3) These types of wires are worth stripping. These types are not.
4) It can be dangerous to scrap a microwave if you don't know how to avoid the radiation. This is what you can do to make it safer.
5) Here are some good ways to get stuff out of dumpsters that are out of your reach without having to get in the dumpster.

Any good sites that anyone can recommend?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Any Good Scrapping Websites?

Postby bankmining » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:29 pm

https://www.scrapmetalforum.com

I think Hobo finds hangs out there a lot.
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Any Good Scrapping Websites?

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Thanks for the site name. I'm starting to look at it now. And I did see a posting by hobo.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage