Surgical staples?

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

Surgical staples?

Postby pitw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 pm

What are they worth used? Got a few to get rid of. :lol:

pitw.jpg
pitw.jpg (380.03 KiB) Viewed 3092 times
pitw
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Surgical staples?

Postby theshoenlebens » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:03 pm

:o what the heck ! :o
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:20 pm

What the hell happened to you?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Staples? .....All I see is a gray haired testicle.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:20 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Staples? .....All I see is a gray haired testicle.

Dude, I know it should be easy but I can't think of a funny retort. I believe I am going blind.....and that was the last thing I saw. :o
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:48 pm

I think this is the polar opposite of when you see a particularly attractive and curvaceous female and someone asks you what color her eyes were! :)

So I will ask everyone, "How many staples were there?"

Now watch, someone will say, "Staples, I thought it was a paper cut next to a dense forest with a single marble."

PITW, it is a good thing you aren't a career criminal and live in a warm weather state in the U.S. If that were the case, your "tattoo" would make you easily identifiable in a criminal lineup!

By the way, I do see a "Buy It Now" listing on eBay for surgical staples- 35 staples for $8.50 US. And theirs are unused and STERILE, my northern friend!!!

On the serious side, how in the world did this really happen? Animal attack? Machinery accident? Cut by glass? Of was this something bizarre like falling off a chair? We are very curious to know.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby pitw » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:27 am

Well the operation was to try and repair some vein problems behind the knee and up in the groin. Anneurysm's that were not letting blood move freely, I ain't felt the left foot since April and they are gonna do the right leg in a few weeks. They believe it's from living poor with a good bit of stupidity thrown in for good measure. Gotta like the Canuck medical system on issues like this as I'm out of pocket nothing.
Rodebaugh wrote:Staples? .....All I see is a gray haired testicle.

Be glad I never posted the whole cut as it goes up past the groin a good bit and I'm sure you all woulda been embarrassed by it. :angel:

The hospital visit was more fun than should be legal :thumbup: . City folk just ain't ready for country folk. :lol:
Was kinda/sorta hoping them damb staples were made of something worth a mite more. :evil:

Stay safe and remember always to have fun.
pitw
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coppernickel » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:49 pm

pitw wrote:What are they worth used? Got a few to get rid of. :lol:

Not near what you paid for them. :cry:

Glad you're on the mend.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pitw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:56 pm

coppernickel wrote:
pitw wrote:What are they worth used? Got a few to get rid of. :lol:

Not near what you paid for them. :cry:

Glad you're on the mend.

Never cost me anything. :shock:
pitw
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pitw » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 pm

S of a B. I got another load of the staples in the other leg now. I guess you could say I ain't got a leg to stand on now. Great news is I met a fellow in the hospital who had the same thing done 2 years ago and he went back to playing squash and stuff 4 months later. I do appreciate this forum for giving me stuff to read about things I enjoy guys.
pitw
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:41 pm

You've been kind of quiet lately. I was thinking you got into bitcoin along with your farming and quietly bought a big chunk of Alberta!
Which part? The good part, of course! :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Heal well brother!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby mtalbot_ca » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:39 am

blackrabbit wrote:Heal well brother!

+1
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sanford02 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:55 pm

pitw wrote:Never cost me anything. :shock:

There is no such thing as a free lunch. TINSTAAFL.

Someone paid for them, and they weren't cheap.

Heal up quickly and keep posting on your "living poor" thread!
Sanford02
Penny Pincher Member

Postby natsb88 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:38 pm

pitw wrote:S of a B. I got another load of the staples in the other leg now.

:shock:

There must have been some awfully cute nurses to want to go back a second time.
natsb88

Postby pitw » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:06 pm

I've never seen so many different nationality's in me life as I did in there nats.
First operation was a bust as the graft of a new vein collapsed on Jan 6th. No idea what is gonna happen now.
pitw
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage