Brass Shells

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

Brass Shells

Postby silverflake » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:34 pm

So I started going to the firing range lately. New to me. Testing out handguns etc. Fun stuff but all the empty brass shells: can I collect them up and put them with my brass for cash in at the scrap yard with my other brass?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Brass Shells

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:57 pm

You might want to check with the range, I think some ranges collect and sell the brass.

tt
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:07 pm

I always ask my indoor range if I can....they say as long as I don't sweep around the other patrons feet and its ok with the shooter...they say go for it.

I save this brass for reloading....some brass is worth more reloading than scrap value....I like Winchester, R - P, Speer, Hornady, Starline brass. Save the shiney sorted brass for me and lets make a deal.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 pm

Yards that take empty brass shells usually want them separate from other types of brass. Some yards do not accept them at all.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TJMatt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:12 am

Check out http://www.freedommunitions.com/

They have the "Get off your brass" program where they will trade you ammo for your empty brass cases.

Pretty good deal IMO
TJMatt
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:41 am

Thanks for link. Good stuff there besides the brass trade in. Their credit is $1.45 per pound if any wondered.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage