golf clubs

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

golf clubs

Postby AdamsSamoa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:55 pm

my neighbor was trashin some golf clubs. a magnet will not stick to the club heads... should I cut them off?
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: golf clubs

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Yes, assuming they are metal heads. If a magnet doesn't stick, they are worth more than steel. Sometimes they're even made out of titanium alloys.

Even wooden club heads can be worth breaking down as they often have exterior brass fittings and interior lead weights.

This is all assuming the clubs are trash. Good brand clubs can fetch crazy prices, as can vintage clubs.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:26 pm

took the heads off... got cast AL price for them... 3 bucks. And they were trash....
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:47 am

i like bronze and brass putters when I find them. I cut off the head, and make them into canes, and re-sell them for about $20.00 each. You can use an old broom handle for the cane, and then put a rubber cane foot on the bottom.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby AdamsSamoa » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:38 am

The putter was cast Al
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:06 pm

frugi wrote:i like bronze and brass putters when I find them. I cut off the head, and make them into canes, and re-sell them for about $20.00 each. You can use an old broom handle for the cane, and then put a rubber cane foot on the bottom.

Now that's a great use of unwanted goods. :thumbup:

I may try your idea.
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:36 am

frugi wrote:i like bronze and brass putters when I find them. I cut off the head, and make them into canes, and re-sell them for about $20.00 each. You can use an old broom handle for the cane, and then put a rubber cane foot on the bottom.

Don't forget to recycle those bronze and brass heads. There are plenty of places willing to pay for your scraps.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby frugi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:10 am

Recyclersteve wrote:

Don't forget to recycle those bronze and brass heads. There are plenty of places willing to pay for your scraps.

that is why I use the brass & bronze heads as cane heads......I easily get $20.00 each for them as canes, you cant get but maybe $1.50 each for them as scrap...
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:46 am

Ok, now that makes sense. I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage