I did NOT tell you about this

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

I did NOT tell you about this

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:46 pm

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: I did NOT tell you about this

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:17 pm

That is some hardcore medieval stuff. Cool railroad spike adaptions!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 pm

If there is no Lowe's or Home Depot left, I think the info at the link could serve one well.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby messymessy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:43 pm

The thread title certainly gets one's attention. Thanks for not telling me.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:04 pm

A great piece of information and why I said in another topic "If I had to . . . imagine myself in a (position) of authority in a community, post collapse . . . I would base my decisions of who to let into and not let into the community based on the individuals skills and abilities that can be provided to the community . . . (T)he guy could worship dung rolling beetles but if he were our only metal smith, he's in." (Emphasis added)

Edited to add: Mental note, fire bricks are good.

I also thank you for not telling me this.

It's a jungle out there,
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage