Computers / parts, board buyer

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

Computers / parts, board buyer

Postby hobo finds » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:41 am

It looks like one of the newer yards by me is now buying boards and computer parts! Closed on weekends :thumbdown: but I will call and see what they buy. If they buy low grade boards that would be great as mine just go in with the steel. I have mailed out high grade stuff but if they have good prices on these I would not have to deal with shipping costs! I could get real lucky and they buy monitors / tv's and the ABS plastic...
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Computers / parts, board buyer

Postby hobo finds » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:17 am

They buy low grade boards for .15 a pound, so I am no longer putting the low grade in with my steel for .085 a pound! Guy said they pay .15 to over $3.00 for other boards. When I get enough low grade boards together I will see if the other prices are better for the good boards as I will not have to cover the shipping costs when I mail them out to a buyer.
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby messymessy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah, you are almost certainly going to come out ahead selling boards locally versus paying for shipping. Small, expensive stuff like RAM and CPU's might still be worth shipping.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dpennies » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:49 pm

This is such good information. I am new to the boards and I have been hauling this type of waste to the dump for years. I had no idea that scrap could be converted like this. I am getting an education here. My wife is concerned because she thinks that I am never going to throw anything away again - and I may not.
dpennies

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage