Metal Detecting Official 2011 tracking (closed)

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: Metal Detecting Official 2011 Tracking Thread.

Postby agmoose » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:04 pm

So I got an Ace 250 for Christmas and went on a quick hunt today somewhere in FL - at an old park. I only had about an hour to hunt, so I started by the swingset and worked over to the slide. There are 4 baseball fields, a football field and a concession stand that I'll work eventually.

First find ever- pop top.

Second find - small angel pendant - probably just tin, painted on one side, blank on the other.

3rd - 1989 penny.

4th - another pendant - broken, part is a heart - the arrow part broke. Its lead. No value

5th - 1977 Nickle.

6th - Highchair pendant, with birthstone (topaz). Don't know if its real or fake, looks n feels like silver, but can't find a stamp on it.

7th - massive ball of aluminum foil - baseball sized. Man that thing beeped like crazy!

8th - master lock.....no key. lol.

Lots of finds of gum foil wrappers in between. Wish I'd have had more time, and I'll have to wait until Saturday to go again. I may try my luck some this week at lunch as there is a small playground about a mile from my office.

EDIT: Plans changed, afternoon freed up! Went back. Final tally - 1 quarter, 3 dimes, 2 nicks, 11 cents (3 copper - oldest 1959). No more jewelry this afternoon, but not really expected. Found a 15" piece of copper tubing too........gotta get the dirt out of it, then add it to the scrap bin.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bman » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:13 pm

I went on my last hunt of the year today at my usual spot.

I found:
1 1964 silver dime :mrgreen:
8 wheaties.
3 clad quarters
5 clad dimes
30 pennies, all but 3 were copper.
and 3 Hotwheels cars & a small button with a navy anchor on it.
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby baggerman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:55 pm

I wanted to share this and figured this might be the thread to do it in. My White's eagle spectrum has served me well for 20 years but the coil finally died so I drove over to Sweet Home today (about 30 miles) and they put a new coil on it and replaced the foam on the handle FOR FREE! Man I was expecting to spend $150 on a new coil but they said if it is broke they will fix it for free. Also picked up $225 in pennies while I was out. :mrgreen:
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Metal Detecting Official 2011 tracking (closed)

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:51 pm

This Thread is now closed for 2011. Nice Work to all my RC hunters. May 2012 be a solid hunting year and all finds be numerous and rare. Post all new finds and stories in 2012 Thread TheJonasCollegefund has set up. He is taking the helm and I know he will do fantatic.

Doc
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Previous

Return to Tracking Threads Only