coinstar finds

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

Re: coinstar finds

Postby AuStruck » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Food Lion coinstar. - 1 quarter, 2 nickels, 3 dimes, and 25 pennies - 90 cents total. (one 1943S penny somewhat corroded) Other coins were ordinary. A dime and penny were stuck together. Still haven't pried them apart.

Felt guilty getting all those while an idle cashier was close by. What happened? Phone call? Who knows.

Skunked for many times. Lately finding a few "donations".
AuStruck
Penny Pincher Member

Postby bookshelf » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:12 pm

1944 US quarter, 1940 US penny and a Fun-For-All Good Time token.
Wanted: current Japanese YEN coins and bills
bookshelf
Penny Pincher Member

Postby AuStruck » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Third straight time for the FoodLion coinstar - something there. Last time, unmentioned here, eight cents - nickel and three pennies. Tonight - two zinc cents.

But what's the odds? One is a wide AM 2000. Not a real pretty coin though. Too many spots.
AuStruck
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:10 am

Tonight got a U.S. Dime and penny.

Last Sunday got the following:

2004 Canadian dime
1984 Mexican peso
U.S. Dime and nickel stuck together (no good dates)
Corroded U.S. Zinc penny
Unusual golden colored token with angel with halo (no year or identifying marks)

All of the above were at Walmart.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby hobo finds » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:02 pm

1947 S dime on the floor in front of the coinstar. They were probably pissed that this dime kept being rejected! LOL
hobo finds

Postby coppernickel » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:17 pm

:thumbup: $1.98 at the grocery store coinstar. Including 3 copper cents and 1 silver dime.

Feels like winning a jackpot. :clap:
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Not coinstar, but reject chute of the coin counter at my local bank. Went to dump dimes and there was a handful of change in there. At least
$4.00 Best find were 2 pre 82 Canadian nics. The 1964 was AU.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:47 am

AuStruck wrote:Food Lion coinstar. - 1 quarter, 2 nickels, 3 dimes, and 25 pennies - 90 cents total. (one 1943S penny somewhat corroded) Other coins were ordinary. A dime and penny were stuck together. Still haven't pried them apart.

To separate the stuck coins, let them sit in water in a paper cup for a few hours or possibly overnight if need be. That should do the trick. Works for me almost every time.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:01 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
AuStruck wrote:Food Lion coinstar. - 1 quarter, 2 nickels, 3 dimes, and 25 pennies - 90 cents total. (one 1943S penny somewhat corroded) Other coins were ordinary. A dime and penny were stuck together. Still haven't pried them apart.

To separate the stuck coins, let them sit in water in a paper cup for a few hours or possibly overnight if need be. That should do the trick. Works for me almost every time.

Quick way is to boil them. See-- http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25209&p=232708&hilit=boil#p232708

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:15 pm

That pot of gunk is still a nasty mess, looks like something you would have boiling on Halloween
hobo finds

Postby AuStruck » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:27 am

Only skunks lately.
AuStruck
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cwgii » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:21 pm

a 1981 candian quarter and a .......... 1964 dime. yeah I think this is only my second silver reject slot find.
cwgii

Postby hobo finds » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:34 pm

1964 rosie and 87 cents
hobo finds

Postby Shyestsparks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:07 am

Found a handful of wheat pennies in the coinstar reject slot, just sitting there waiting for me to get them :D
Shyestsparks
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:09 am

A couple of trips to Walmart-

Around this past Thursday- a couple zinc Lincolns- no biggie.

Saturday- another zinc Lincoln plus a 1964 Roosevelt dime. It's been a while (since 12/20/14) since I found silver in a Coinstar machine. I was starting to lose the faith a bit.

Recyclersteve

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:09 pm

One zinc penny and one 1964 silver dime. :)
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cwgii » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:02 pm

penny and dime at the cu thurs.
cwgii

Postby AuStruck » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:44 pm

Foodlion coinstar - 1:15 pm. $0.59 - 2 quarters, 1 nickel, 4 zinc pennies. One of the quarters was a 1960D in "fine" or better condition.
AuStruck
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:06 pm

At Walmart today I got 25 cents- a Jefferson nickel plus two Roosevelt dimes. A bit strange- they were all in the reject chute, but none of them were silver or mutilated. Perhaps the machine was full.

Recyclersteve

Postby AuStruck » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Coinstar - grocery store. Big coin there. 50 cents American. 1945 Walking Liberty! :thumbup:
AuStruck
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:42 am

22 cents at a different Walmart from the last one I found coins in. This time one Roosy dime, 2 Jeff. nickels and 2 pennies. One of the pennies was copper, but nothing else about the coins was remarkable.

Recyclersteve

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:43 am

AuStruck wrote:Coinstar - grocery store. Big coin there. 50 cents American. 1945 Walking Liberty! :thumbup:

I don't know if I've ever seen a half dollar in a Coinstar machine and wasn't even sure if the machines accepted them. Has anyone else found halves in a Coinstar machine before?

Recyclersteve

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:27 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
AuStruck wrote:Coinstar - grocery store. Big coin there. 50 cents American. 1945 Walking Liberty! :thumbup:

I don't know if I've ever seen a half dollar in a Coinstar machine and wasn't even sure if the machines accepted them. Has anyone else found halves in a Coinstar machine before?

From 2011 http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7121&hilit=silver+half#p67943

One day my son Franklin out of the blue kicked the C :D oinstar and out popped a 1964 silver half!
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:54 am

one lone penny yesterday
cwgii

Postby AuStruck » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:12 pm

(Reply to posts just above)
Instructions at Coinstar website don't caution against halves. Perhaps it accepts those. So you can use those dinged-up clad Kennedys maybe?

Just looked at Yahoo Answers they say "yes". Clad Kennedys accepted, they say. :shock: I was surprised to find the silver half. Never expected halves at all.

"hobo finds" asks a good question on next page - What about clad Ikes? I have no idea. (Edited post: Going back and forward in time.)
Last edited by AuStruck on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AuStruck
Penny Pincher Member

PreviousNext

Return to Tracking Threads Only